Re: Updates to File API

I have couple of questions, mostly clarifications I think:

1. FileReader takes Blob but there are multiple hints that the blob should
be actually a 'file'. As we see Blob concept grows in popularity with such
specs as FileWriter that defines BlobBuilder. Other proposals include Image
Resizing that returns a Blob with a compressed image data. Can all types of
Blobs be 'read' using FileReader? If not, then it would be logical to only
accept File parameter. If any type of Blob can be read (as I think the
spirit of the spec assumes) then would it be less confusing to cange the
name to BlobReader?

2. The FileReader.result is a string. There could be useful cases where it
could be useful to read the data as ArrayBuffer. For example, if a page
tries to crack the JPG file to extract the EXIF metadata. Maybe returning a
Blob that can later be asked for ArrayBuffer would be as good.

Dmitry