JS crypto?

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 17:09:26 +0100
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi All,

Unsure if this is the best place to ask, but is there currently any JS
(or user agent) support for cryto functions such as
sign/seal/encrypt/decrypt?

Perhaps a working group, a draft, anything?

I would be very keen to see crypto support in all the browsers
standardized and methods exposed to JS.

For instance, if you have your public key on the web somewhere, I should
be able to seal a document using it, publish it on the web, and know
that if you visit that uri in your browser that it will decrypt it using
the private key from a certificate you have installed in the browser.

Best & thanks in advance for any response,

ps: aware of window.crypto in firefox/gecko

Nathan