Re: Extending CSSOM Views matchMedium with callback

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 08:47:27 +0200
To: public-webapps@w3.org, www-style@w3.org, João Eiras <joaoe@opera.com>
On Mon, 10 May 2010 19:47:42 +0200, João Eiras <joaoe@opera.com> wrote:
> Should be
>    addEventListener("mediaChanged", listener, false);
> There is already an event model, and it would just require a new event
> type.

A generic event is not a good idea in my opinion. The more media features
we add the more often it will be dispatched. Authors may not anticipate
that. Furthermore, dispatching a bunch of viewport resizing events when
the author is only interested in orientation change would be waste.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/