[IndexedDB] Changing the default overwrite behavior of Put

From: Shawn Wilsher <sdwilsh@mozilla.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 12:32:33 -0700
To: public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hey all,

Per the current spec [1], noOverwrite defaults to false for put
operations on an object store.  Ben Turner and I have been discussing
changing the default of put to not allow overwriting by default.  We
feel this is better behavior because simply omitting the flag should not
result in destroying data.  Putting my application developer hat on, I'd
much rather have to be explicit about destroying existing data instead
of having it happen on accident.  We could also change the parameter to
just overwrite and have it default to false.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?