Re: XMLHttpRequest.responseBlob

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, Simon Pieters wrote:
>> >
>> > Fine, fine. I've updated HTML5 to rename WebSocket.URL,
>> > EventSource.URL, and Stream.URL to be lowercase.
>>
>> Can you change it back? We've implemented and written tests for
>> WebSocket.URL. WebKit has implemented EventSource.URL and WebSocket.URL.
>
> Do you plan to implement the File API attribute as .URL also?
>
> I really think we should make sure we end up with a consistent naming
> scheme here. If Gecko is the only engine that's going to do .url instead
> of .URL, then I'm happy to change it back (on the assumption that Gecko
> will eventually be forced to change to match). However, it would be a
> pretty mess if we ended up developing APIs in the same year that had
> different cases for the same attributes.

Out of curiosity, why does the year of the API matter?

The way I look at it is: if you tell 100 developers that there is a
property named 'url' on these objects (i.e. tell them, not show them
in writing), how many of them do you think will envision it written in
upper case characters, and how many will envision it in lower case
characters?

/ Jonas