W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webapps@w3.org > April to June 2010

[widgets] Draft minutes for 15 April 2010 voice conf

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:33:30 -0400
Message-Id: <B7D57AA5-C59E-45D0-92FB-29D76E7EF124@nokia.com>
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
The draft minutes from the April 15 Widgets voice conference are  
available at the following and copied below:

  http://www.w3.org/2010/04/15-wam-minutes.html

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send  
them to the public-webapps mail list before April 22 (the next  
Widgets voice conference); otherwise these minutes will be considered  
Approved.

-Regards, Art Barstow

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                        Widgets Voice Conference

15 Apr 2010

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2010AprJun/0124.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/04/15-wam-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Art, Josh, StevenP, Frederick, Frederick_Hirsch, Robin, Arve

    Regrets
           Marcos, Bryan

    Chair
           Art

    Scribe
           Art

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Review and tweak agenda
          2. [6]Announcements
          3. [7]View Modes Media Features spec
          4. [8]View Modes Interfaces spec
          5. [9]AoB
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <scribe> Scribe: Art

    <scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB

Review and tweak agenda

    AB: the draft agenda was submitted yesterday (
    [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010AprJun/01
    24.html ). Any requests for changes?

      [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2010AprJun/0124.html

    [ None ]

Announcements

    AB: I have two; first is that Widget Updates WD was published April
    13 ( [12]http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-widgets-updates-20100413/ )
    ... 2nd is that Digital Signatures for Widgets LC will be published
    today; May 6 is deadline for comments
    ... any other annoucements?

      [12] http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-widgets-updates-20100413/

View Modes Media Features spec

    AB: Robin has responded to all of the pre-LC comments and updated
    the ED accordingly ( [13]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vmmf/ ).
    As such, I think the spec is ready for LC publication. Any comments?
    ... proposed RESOLUTION: the group agrees the View Modes Media
    Features spec is ready for LC publication
    ... any comments or objections?
    ... any voices of support?
    ... I support this spec moving to LC

      [13] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vmmf/

    RB: I support this

    RESOLUTION: the group agrees the View Modes Media Features spec is
    ready for LC publication

    AB: Marcos told me offline that he support LC of this spec
    ... re which WGs we should ask to review, are there any groups other
    than CSS WG?
    ... does anyone know about BONDI?

    RB: don't know but we can ask

    AB: I will include BONDI in the list of review groups
    ... re the review period length, the minimum is 3 weeks but since
    this is the first LC and we want review from others, I think 4 weeks
    would be the minimum.

    <darobin> +1

    SP: this is an HCG area
    ... should ask them and adjust the time accordingly

    AB: I'm OK but don't want it to be too openended

    SP: right, so ask them something like "is 4 weeks OK?"

    AB: that's OK with me

    <Steven> How many pages is it?

    AB: is 4 a good number or do we need it longer

    RB: I think 4 is fine since it is a smallish spec and CSS WG already
    reviewed it once

    AB: good points
    ... I'll use 4 weeks in my proposal to HCG

    <Steven> In that case 4 weeks will be fine

    RB: it's about 5 pages including all of the boilerplate stuff

    <scribe> ACTION: berjon notify Art when the VMMF LC is ready for a
    publication request [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/15-wam-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-524 - Notify Art when the VMMF LC is ready
    for a publication request [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-04-22].

    RB: OK, but we need agreement on the short name

    AB: good point
    ... so now it is widgets-vmmf?

    RB: right

    AB: one option is vmmf, another is view-mode
    ... I am mostly indifferent

    SP: something that is readable is good

    AB: how about view-mode?

    RB: OK

    <darobin> view-modes

    RB: use view-modes
    ... no, make that "view-mode"

    AB: any objections to "view-mode"

    <timeless> what's the reason for singular?

    RB: want singular because media feature in CSS is singular

    JS: OK

    AB: let's consider that agreed "view-mode"

    <scribe> ACTION: barstow submit TransReq for VMMF LC and ask groups
    to review it; use "view-mode" as new shortname [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/15-wam-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-525 - Submit TransReq for VMMF LC and ask
    groups to review it; use "view-mode" as new shortname [on Arthur
    Barstow - due 2010-04-22].

View Modes Interfaces spec

    AB: earlier this week Anne van Kestern (the Editor of the CSSOM
    spec) asked us for "use case example" for the CSSOM spec
    ([16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010AprJun/0
    105.html ). Consider this a request for *everyone* to submit use
    case examples.
    ... this is a reasonable request and we should submit use cases as
    soon as we can
    ... one process related issue here is the mail list to use:
    www-style, public-webapps or cross-post. I generally don't like
    cross-posting but think that's appropriate ATM since currently there
    isn't yet agreement on the work split with the CSS WG.
    ... going forward www-style will be used for CSSOM discussions since
    the precedence is already set
    ... Marcos made a proposal re CSSOM's stlyeMedia.matchMedium usage (
    [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010AprJun/00
    71.html ). There has been some follow-up.
    ... anything today on this?

      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2010AprJun/0105.html
      [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2010AprJun/0071.html

    RB: think we should continue to hash this out on the list

    AB: I agree with that

    <darobin> +1

    AB: we do loose some control if our use cases are addressed by a CSS
    WG spec
    ... but they have the right expertise so I think this is good
    ... any concerns?

    [ No concerns raised ]

    AB: this gives us all the continued action to work with AvK and the
    CSS WG
    ... anything else on VM Interfaces for today?
    ... I don't know if we will have anything left in the VM-I spec

    RB: that's good

    AB: agree

AoB

    AB: anything else for today?
    ... thanks Robin for following up on the URI scheme disussions

    RB: sure; hopefully we can close that soon

    AB: next call is April 22; there will not be a call on April 29
    ... meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: barstow submit TransReq for VMMF LC and ask groups to
    review it; use "view-mode" as new shortname [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/15-wam-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: berjon notify Art when the VMMF LC is ready for a
    publication request [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2010/04/15-wam-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 15 April 2010 13:34:21 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:49:38 GMT