RE: [widgets] View Modes Media Feature document from Vodafone

Hi Art, All,

I am sorry for my delayed response re VM-MF/-I.

I will be happy include the proposals from Vodafone into the original documents.
The interface parts will go into VMI, I think.

In [1] I promised deeper review of the VM principles (CSS, CSSOM) and this task is still pending on me.
I will do my best to provide it in the first half of January.

Re the document itself:
Taking into account the OneWeb principle, I think we should not distinguish in the VMMF definition whether the widgets run on PC/PDA/TV etc.
This differentiation is already captured in the CSS medias. Therefore VMMF should provide more generic definitions of the values.
I consider defining new media features to support the properties behind VMMF (like interactivity, size control, chrome visibility) and making view modes a kind of defined vectors over those media features. There could be possibility to include the media features individually or via view-mode.
I outlined this early idea in [2] and it needs a further review as above.

It seems to be my last email on this list this year,
so herewith I wish everybody
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2010.

Thanks,
Marcin

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0833.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0047.html
Marcin Hanclik
ACCESS Systems Germany GmbH
Tel: +49-208-8290-6452  |  Fax: +49-208-8290-6465
Mobile: +49-163-8290-646