XHR LC comment: header encoding

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 16:42:31 +0100
To: public-Webapps@w3.org
Hi,

I think XHR needs to elaborate on how non-ASCII characters in request
headers are put on the wire, and how non-ASCII characters in response
headers are transformed back to Javascript characters.

For request headers, I would assume that the character encoding is
ISO-8859-1, and if a character can't be encoded using ISO-8859-1, some
kind of error handling occurs (ignore the character/ignore the
header/throw?).

For response headers, I'd expect that the octet sequence is decoded
using ISO-8859-1; so no specific error handling would be needed
(although the result may be funny when the intended encoding was
something different).

Best regards, Julian