Re: [widgets] CfC: to publish LC#2 of the WARP spec; deadline 2 December

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 14:29:19 +0100
To: Marcin Hanclik <Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com>
CC: Arthur Barstow <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

Marcin Hanclik wrote:
> Hi Marcos,
>
>>> You once accused us of being a kindergarten, and now you are asking us
>>> to willfully violate the process?
> Well :), I do not want to remember those multi-context discussions.
>
>>> We have already aligned.
> Thanks.
>
>>> Maybe... I recommend that you formally re-raise the local pattern
>>> issues once we publish LC#2 or continue working on your new spec
>>> (which Opera supports, btw)... but please, remove all duplicate text
>>> and keep is short, as Robin suggested.
> Ok, I will re-raise in LC#2 or discuss how to bring them back a kind of automatically.
> The delta spec will be short.

Long specs suck.... The shorter the better; everyone hates reading specs
(specially me, unless they have pictures... which I like). However,
something tell me we are underestimating the complexity of this whole
"local" service discovery thing and the spec you are proposing will grow
into a little beast of it's own :)