Re: [widgets] test-suite, default xml:lang

Cyril Concolato a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to understand the difference between two tests:
> [1]
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/test-suite/test-cases/ta-UEMbyHERkI/000/config.xml
>
> [2]
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/test-suite/test-cases/ta-UEMbyHERkI/003/config.xml
>

> In [1], the first <description> element is supposed to be the valid one
> (it does not have an xml:lang attribute).
> In [2], the first <description> element as a dummy xml:lang that's not
> supposed to match anything. The second <description> element does not
> have the xml:lang attribute, but according to the expected result, it
> should not be the selected one. I don't understand why? Can you explain
> what the user locale should be in both cases?
> The test suite document indicates that it should be "en". If this is the
> case, in [1] no description element shall match. Otherwise you probably
> want to indicate that some tests assumes "*" like [1] and others "en"
> like [2]. Am I wrong?
Actually, I found a sentence that I missed in previous readings, which explains the difference between [1] and [2]:
"In the case whereby the author does not use an xml:lang attribute, and no element of a particular type with xml:lang matches the user agent locales, the user agent will use the first element that is unlocalized content, in document order, that matches the element type being sought."

As a clarification can you tell me what would be the name value for the following config documents assuming the user locale is "en" only (no "*")

<widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets">
 <name xml:lang="fr">A</name>
 <name xml:lang="kr">B</name>
 <name xml:lang="it">C</name>