[widgets] test-suite, default xml:lang

From: Cyril Concolato <cyril.concolato@enst.fr>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 17:31:51 +0100
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi all,

I'm trying to understand the difference between two tests:
[1] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/test-suite/test-cases/ta-UEMbyHERkI/000/config.xml
[2] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/test-suite/test-cases/ta-UEMbyHERkI/003/config.xml

In [1], the first <description> element is supposed to be the valid one (it does not have an xml:lang attribute).

In [2], the first <description> element as a dummy xml:lang that's not supposed to match anything. The second <description> element does not have the xml:lang attribute, but according to the expected result, it should not be the selected one. I don't understand why? Can you explain what the user locale should be in both cases?

The test suite document indicates that it should be "en". If this is the case, in [1] no description element shall match. Otherwise you probably want to indicate that some tests assumes "*" like [1] and others "en" like [2]. Am I wrong?

Cyril
--
Cyril Concolato
Groupe Mutimedia/Multimedia Group