Re: Let's turn WebDatabase into a WG Note

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 4:44 AM, Charles McCathieNevile
<chaals@opera.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 06:23:38 +0100, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
>> ...As I noted at TPAC, at Microsoft we don't think we'll collectively be
>> able to achieve reasonable interop because of the SQL dialect issue ...it
>> seems unlikely that there will be two independent interoperable
>> implementations at the SQL level which makes moving to Last Call potentially
>> problematic...
>
> I expect to see interoperable implementations from Opera and Apple/Chrome -
> so although you can argue that iPhone-Safari and Safari are hardly
> independent, I think we will easily get a couple of truly independent
> interoperable versions.

I just want to make it clear that I don't consider multiple
implementations based on SQLite to be "independent". However I realize
that that is my interpretation of the independence requirement, others
might not share it.

I'm also not sure if Operas implementation *is* in fact based on
SQLite. If it's not then I agree they are truly independent.

/ Jonas