Re: View modes: more precision on fullscreen

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:35:52 +0100
Cc: public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: marcosc@opera.com
On Nov 9, 2009, at 13:05 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
> wrote:

>>> I think application mode already covers this if the application is
>>> maximized as you defined it.
>>
>> If application is maximised, then what is the keyword that
>> describes a
>> window that has chrome but isn't occupying the entirety of the
>> space that
>> windows can?
>
> That would be 'application', but not maximized.

Uh, but those can be two different windowing modes, with the chrome
subtly different and different behaviour (e.g. the window can't be
dragged if maximised).

Or are you thinking about this in terms of the broken OSX UI that
can't tell the difference? If so, I strongly object  it's a usability
nightmare.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/