Re: TPAC agenda - APIs

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 07:12:40 +0100
To: "SULLIVAN, BRYAN L (ATTCINW)" <BS3131@att.com>, "WebApps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 06:45:17 +0100, SULLIVAN, BRYAN L (ATTCINW)
<BS3131@att.com> wrote:

> Hi Charles,
> I have an agenda item for the AOB section or wherever it can fit. I will
> be spending most of the time with DAP and part with Webapps (Widgets),
> but will try to balance the agendas to be in the APIs meeting as much as
> possible.
>
> The basic question I have is what is the relationship of the following
> specs to the HTML5 "package" (being normatively referenced by HTML5). Is
> it expected that they will reach LCWD stage along with HTML5?

Thisis effectively in a "future plans" session (the final session of the
meeting). But it is expected that most of them will reach last call quite
soon - for a couple of them the editor already thinks they are ready (but
we will put it to the group first...).

> - Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS)
> - Server-Sent Events
> - Web Sockets
> - Web Workers

The database (or offline storeage or whatever you want to call it) specs
will be discussed as a block in the existing agenda.

> These are not normatively referenced by HTML5:
> - Web Database
> - WebSimpleDB API
>
> There does not seem to be a lot of discussion on some of these specs,
> although there are periodic updates. Is there expected to be a period of
> more active group discussion prior to LCWD for those that have been
> moving along more quietly?

Presumably. There will in any case be a call for consensus before that
happens - which is a trigger to start discussion if you think it is
warranted. (I can't force the group to discuss things - that's up to the
individual members of the group).

cheers

Chaals