Re: CfC: to publish new WDs of Server-sent Events, Web {Database, Sockets API, Storage, Workers}; deadline 26 October

Fine for all except WebDatabase.

I notice that its present ED is virtually the same as its FPWD (modulo
a new section on data sensitivity). There is no movement on any of the
thorny issues - locking granularity, relational model and SQL dialect.

I am not sure what benefit is to be achieved from republishing
essentially the same draft as a new WD. It does have the opportunity
to mislead general public in thinking that progress is being made in
the spec, when that is not the case.

As Ian says in the IRC log, no one agrees on the WebDatabase spec any
way so does it help to publish (essentially the same text as) a new WD?

Nikunj

On Oct 23, 2009, at 5:19 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:

> This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to publish new Working Drafts of
> the following specs:
>
> 1. Server-Sent Events
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/eventsource/
>
> 2. Web Database
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/webdatabase/
>
> 3. Web Sockets API
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/websockets/
>
> 4. Web Storage
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/webstorage/
>
> 5. Web Workers
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/workers/
>
> As with all of our CfCs, positive response is preferred and
> encouraged and silence will be assumed to be assent. The deadline
> for comments is October 26.
>
> See [1] for the rationale for this short review period and the
> current plans for Last Call Working Draft publication of 1, 3, 4 and
> 5 above.
>
> -Regards, Art Barstow
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0313.html

Nikunj