ISSUE-107 (multi-object end events): End state events in multi-object transactions [Progress Events]

From: Web Applications Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 23:50:13 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-webapps@w3.org

ISSUE-107 (multi-object end events): End state events in multi-object transactions [Progress Events]

http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/107

Raised by: Charles McCathieNevile
On product: Progress Events

Where a transaction has multiple objects (i.e. there is a loadedItems attribute present, and a value other than 1 for totalItems), should the end events (load/abort/error be fired for each object, or only on the completion of the entire transaction?

I am assuming loadend should only fire at the end of the complete transaction (that might be a dumb assumption) but my current thinking is that it makes sense to fire a final event for each transaction (for example to learn what happened to each object, potentially allowing a request for only those that didn't come through cleanly the first time.

For now this is left open in the editor's draft.