[widgets] Patent Advisory Group for Widgets 1.0 Updates spec published Recommendations

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 14:08:37 -0400
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
The Patent Advisory Group that was formed for the Widgets 1.0 Updates
spec has now closed and the PAG recommends the work continue.

The PAG's Final Report is:

  http://www.w3.org/2009/03/widgets-pag/pagreport.html

The PAG concluded "Apple's patent is considered not essential to the
Specification".

My expectation, not yet discussed with the WebApps' widgets group, is
that we will implement all of the PAG's recommendations, as
enumerated in the report:

  http://www.w3.org/2009/03/widgets-pag/pagreport.html#Recommenda

-Regards, Art Barstow