Fwd: Is there proposal of accessing metadata of media files?

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 09:39:28 -0400
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, public-media-annotation@w3.org
To: Soohong Daniel Park <soohong.park@samsung.com>, ext Shumpei Shiraishi <shumpei.shiraishi@gmail.com>

WebApps does have a related deliverable in its charter:

Metadata Access and Extensible Information for Media (MAXIM)
     a generic API for accessing metadata embedded in or linked to
media files

However, as you can see from WebApps' publication status wiki, work
on this spec is not active because of related work ongoing by the
Media Annotations WG:

Media Object (http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/MediaObject/publish/) -
This spec is not active because it is expected to be replaced by the
Media Object API in progress by the Media Annotations WG; see Media
Object API Use Cases and Requirements (http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-

Soohong, Media Annotations WG - would you please provide a short
update/status and plans regarding your Media API spec? Also, is this
the most recent API document:

-Regards, Art Barstow

Begin forwarded message: