Re: [widgets] P+C spec doesn't normatively state whether attributes are required or not

From: Arthur Barstow <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 09:46:47 -0400
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: "marcosc@opera.com" <marcosc@opera.com>
On Oct 7, 2009, at 9:25 AM, ext Marcos Caceres wrote:

> (Apologies up front, the following is going to to seem like a rather
> dumb and slightly condescending discussion. I honestly do not mean it
> to be, but its necessary to help me identify where I need to fix the
> specification. Please bear with me.)

LOL!

> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Arthur Barstow
> <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
>> Since the schema and Authoring guidelines are both non-normative,
>> the P+C
>> spec is not clear if  an element's attributes are required or not.
>
> When you say "required" (passive voice), do you mean:

My expectation is the spec will normatively state whether an
element's attributes (e.g. <widget> element has id, version, etc.)
are required or not in a configuration document.

I think this information is clear in the 23-July-2009 CR but it is
not clear in the TSE where the required information is embedded in
non-normative Authoring Guidelines.

-Regards, Art Barstow