Re: [widgets] remove feature at risk stuff from P&C before next LCWD is published

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:34:26 +0200
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 1:33 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
> Marcsos, All, - given the next publication of the widgets P&C spec will be a
> LCWD, should the feature at risk stuff (its:dir) be deleted?

I don't know :( I think we should remove the at risk, and just run
with it. It's still going to be optional, but at least it provides a
solution for those that need it.

The other way forward is that we remove ITS, make a new spec that
defines our own @dir and <span> elements in the widget namespace. I've
put that idea to the group before and didn't get a very positive
response. My only personal gripe with ITS is that it requires another
namespace. That's a pain for both developers and implementers. But, I
can live with it.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au