Re: [widgets] remove feature at risk stuff from P&C before next LCWD is published

On 5.10.2009 14.33, "Art Barstow" <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:

> Marcsos, All, - given the next publication of the widgets P&C spec
> will be a LCWD, should the feature at risk stuff (its:dir) be deleted?
>
> -Regards, Art Barstow

Seems that based on the feedback from the I18N group [1], the feature was
needlessly put at risk. We had insufficient information, and the way it was
used in the P&C spec was correct. Richard Ishida's original message of July
9 started off a thread which elaborated some of the uses and rationale of
ITS. I would like those who originally wanted to eradicate ITS to carefully
review the information in that thread, especially [2].

On one hand, this shouldn't be yet another instance of I18N getting the
sticky end, but on the other hand I wouldn't want this to mess up any
schedules. Simply un-feature-at-risking it :-) does not require any
substantial edits, and it is optional anyway.

--Jere

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JulSep/0164.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JulSep/0191.html