Re: [selectors-api] Test Suite Progress

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 23:40:47 -0400
To: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> Both Minefield and Webkit trunk are failing those tests for me.  I have
> all but one commented out just so it would make my debugging easier (see
> lines 287 to 292 in 002.html).

Oh, I'd just missed the one failing test.  Showing only failing tests
helped!

> I just checked in a new copy that outputs the exception message for
> debugging.  So based on that, the problem is that when it tries to check
> the style of the found element, it fails because it's dealing with
> elements in namespaces other than the HTML namespace, so they don't have
> a .style property.

Yep.

>  I'm not sure what we can do to workaround that easily.

Hmm.  For the any-namespace test you could use a non-HTML node that
happens to have .style (like SVG, say).

For the no-namespace test, you'd want the harness to be somewhat
different here...  Maybe ask John Resig if he has any ideas, since he
presumably knows this code pretty well?

-Boris