[WebDatabase] Database interface (vs. DatabaseSync interface)

From: Nikunj R. Mehta <nikunj.mehta@oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:51:19 -0700
To: public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
It appears that Database, SQLTransactionCallback,
SQLTransactionErrorCallback, SQLVoidCallback, SQLTransaction,
SQLStatementCallback, and SQLStatementErrorCallback interfaces can all
be eliminated from WebDatabase completely.

Given WebWorkers and DatabaseSync, why do we need the Database object
at all? Are there use cases that cannot be satisfied by the
combination of the two that?

There is a brand new programming model being promoted by the Database
object, it is as complex as it gets and seriously I cannot get it. I
don't know about you, but I doubt it will work for an average Web page
author. Given its programming model, Oracle is not supportive of the
asynchronous Database and related interfaces.

Nikunj
http://o-micron.blogspot.com