[widgets] Wookie accepted into Apache Incubator

From: Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 20:17:00 +0100
To: public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi everyone,

Wookie - which I demonstrated at the Paris F2F -  has just been
accepted into the Apache Incubator.

Wookie implements the W3C Widgets draft specifications as a web
service supporting web applications, in a manner similar to (and
compatible with) Apache Shindig for OpenSocial gadgets.

We've been tracking and contributing to the Widgets family of
specifications, and we look forward to working with the rest of the
community in helping make sure Wookie conforms to the specs, with the
potential to act as a reference implementation (at least for server-
based UAs).

Once we've sorted out the infrastructure at ASF and moved the existing
code our focus will be to ensure that we have a broad community of
developers actively contributing to the project.

There's a blog post by Ross Gardler at ASF giving some more details
here: http://osswatch.jiscinvolve.org/2009/07/17/wookie-accepted-into-apache-incubator/

Cheers,

Scott Wilson
Assistant Director, JISC CETIS