Re: [widgets] Wookie accepted into Apache Incubator

On Friday, July 17, 2009, Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Wookie - which I demonstrated at the Paris F2F -  has just been accepted into the Apache Incubator.

congratulations!
> Wookie implements the W3C Widgets draft specifications as a web service supporting web applications, in a manner similar to (and compatible with) Apache Shindig for OpenSocial gadgets.

it's great to see W3C widgets being compatible with that technology.
Thanks for all your help making that happen.

> We've been tracking and contributing to the Widgets family of specifications, and we look forward to working with the rest of the community in helping make sure Wookie conforms to the specs, with the potential to act as a reference implementation (at least for server-based UAs).

Excellent! I will be sure to mention wookie during the W3C transition
request to CR (this Tuesday). It will strengthen the case for the
document transitioning to CR.

> Once we've sorted out the infrastructure at ASF and moved the existing code our focus will be to ensure that we have a broad community of developers actively contributing to the project.
>
> There's a blog post by Ross Gardler at ASF giving some more details here: http://osswatch.jiscinvolve.org/2009/07/17/wookie-accepted-into-apache-incubator/

will take a look! Thanks for the update.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au