Window Modes todo

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:39:36 +0200
To: "public-Webapps@w3.org WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi,

I just went through the WM ED and here are the things to do that I
gathered (the list may not be exhaustive). Input and help is welcome,
feel free to flag what you'd like to volunteer for.

   - The Abstract needs to be rewritten, it's not entirely easy to
understand what it describes.
   - The SotD need to be written (in preparation of FPWD).
   - The active editors need to agree on what they'll use to edit/
generate the spec  I'm guess Anolis/Bert Bos. That'll give us a ToC.
   - The "Relevant Inputs" section needs to go.
   - The Introduction is really only the first paragraph, and it needs
to be expanded and have references. The rest are definitions which
need their own subsection.
   - The table of window modes should be moved to the MQ section, and
the descriptions merged. This places Conformance Requirements right
after the Introduction (which is fine  it should be before anything
normative).
   - A clarification of what is meant by "feature" would help. The
"widget" mode is also referred to but lacks any description.
   - The scripting interfaces need some love to make them linked, and
make sure they are proper WebIDL (notably they could use the
implements keyword). They require a lot of documentation to be written.
   - I think that the MediaFeatureList could be a
sequence<CSSStyleDeclaration> nowadays.
   - I forget the original reasoning: is it useful that the event
initialisers have canBubbleArg and cancelableArg since presumably no
matter what parameter is passed they won't bubble and won't be
cancellable?
   - Acknowledgements need to be written.
   - References need to be written.
   - Some examples would be nice (but that's not needed for FPWD).

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/