From: public-webapps-request@w3.org [mailto:public-webapps-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Robin Berjon
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:40 PM
To: public-Webapps@w3.org WG
Subject: Window Modes todo

Hi,

I just went through the WM ED and here are the things to do that I
gathered (the list may not be exhaustive). Input and help is welcome,
feel free to flag what you'd like to volunteer for.

   - The Abstract needs to be rewritten, it's not entirely easy to
understand what it describes.
   - The SotD need to be written (in preparation of FPWD).
   - The active editors need to agree on what they'll use to edit/
generate the spec - I'm guess Anolis/Bert Bos. That'll give us a ToC.
   - The "Relevant Inputs" section needs to go.
   - The Introduction is really only the first paragraph, and it needs
to be expanded and have references. The rest are definitions which
need their own subsection.
   - The table of window modes should be moved to the MQ section, and
the descriptions merged. This places Conformance Requirements right
after the Introduction (which is fine - it should be before anything
normative).
   - A clarification of what is meant by "feature" would help. The
"widget" mode is also referred to but lacks any description.
   - The scripting interfaces need some love to make them linked, and
make sure they are proper WebIDL (notably they could use the
implements keyword). They require a lot of documentation to be written.
   - I think that the MediaFeatureList could be a
sequence<CSSStyleDeclaration> nowadays.
   - I forget the original reasoning: is it useful that the event
initialisers have canBubbleArg and cancelableArg since presumably no
matter what parameter is passed they won't bubble and won't be
cancellable?
   - Acknowledgements need to be written.
   - References need to be written.
   - Some examples would be nice (but that's not needed for FPWD).

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/

Access Systems Germany GmbH
Essener Strasse 5  |  D-46047 Oberhausen
HRB 13548 Amtsgericht Duisburg
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Michel Piquemal, Tomonori Watanabe, Yusuke Kanda

www.access-company.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments hereto may contain information that is privileged or confidential, and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any disclosure, copying or distribution of the information by anyone else is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this document in error, please notify us promptly by responding to this e-mail. Thank you.