RE: [WIDGET PC] i18n comment 6: Use of its:dir

From: Phillips, Addison <addison@amazon.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 08:40:34 -0700
To: "marcosc@opera.com" <marcosc@opera.com>, "ishida@w3.org" <ishida@w3.org>
CC: "public-Webapps@w3.org" <public-Webapps@w3.org>, "public-i18n-core@w3.org" <public-i18n-core@w3.org>
(personal response)

> Fantastic. Unfortunately, implementer feedback has raised concerns
> about ITS and so the WG has put ITS features "at risk" (and marked
> as
> such in the soon to be released CR spec). We will see what happens
> in
> CR; hopefully implementers will understand the value of
> implementing
> it.

I noticed that in the transreq. Obviously the I18N WG is concerned about any such feedback: can webapps please share what the concerns are? I know that many developers consider bidi support "kind of scary"; I hope that the implementation issues are not simply fear driven. Is there some way that the Internationalization community can support implementers?

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Lab126

Internationalization is not a feature.