Re: [WIDGET PC] i18n comment 6: Use of its:dir

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:38:14 +0200
To: ishida@w3.org
Cc: public-Webapps@w3.org, public-i18n-core@w3.org
On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 9:10 PM, <ishida@w3.org> wrote:
> Comment from the i18n review of:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-widgets-20090528/
>
> Comment 6
> At http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0907-widgets-pc/
> Editorial/substantive: E
> Tracked by: AP
>
> Location in reviewed document:
> Section 9.1, step 5 [http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-widgets-20090528/#step-5--derive-the-user-agents-locale]
>
> Comment:
> its:dir appears in this document and is a good illustration of its proper use, as does xml:lang. See, for example, section 8.8.

Fantastic. Unfortunately, implementer feedback has raised concerns
about ITS and so the WG has put ITS features "at risk" (and marked as
such in the soon to be released CR spec). We will see what happens in
CR; hopefully implementers will understand the value of implementing
it.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au