Re: [selectors-api] Test Suite Analysis (was: Call for Consensus - Selectors API to Candidate Rec)

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:23:16 +1100
To: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
Lachlan Hunt:
> It appears that the test suite currently expects an exception to be
> thrown.  I'm not sure if that really is the correct behaviour or not. It
> seems like something WebIDL should define, but I couldn't find anything
> in the spec on the issue.

In http://www.w3.org/TR/WebIDL/#es-operations it requires a TypeError to
be thrown if the overload resolution algorithm
http://www.w3.org/TR/WebIDL/#dfn-overload-resolution-algorithm, which
ignores operations with more arguments than those passed to the
function) returns an empty set.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/