Re: [selectors-api] Stringifying undefined

Rune Lillesveen wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:23:08 +0100, Lachlan Hunt
> <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:
>> If we could do the change quickly and have all browsers commit to
>> making this change relatively quickly, preferably before shipping, and
>> then demonstrate interoperability, then it is theoretically possible.
>> But I don't know.  I've CC'd Rune, one of our developers, who can
>> comment on whether or not we could or would make the change.
>
> Should be easy to make that change for the selectors api, at least.

In that case, we just need to decide what exactly to specify for
stringifying null and undefined.  We have a number of options:

1. null -> "null", undefined -> "undefined"
2. null -> "", undefined -> "undefined"
3. null -> "", undefined -> "" (current spec requirement)

Option #1 is the ECMAScript default, and the default defined by WebIDL.
  This is currently implemented by IE8.

Option #2 is currently implemented by Mozilla.

Option #3 is currently implemented by Opera and WebKit.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/