Re: Seeking implementation status of XBL2

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:45:03 -0500
To: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
CC: Sean Hogan <shogun70@westnet.com.au>, Arthur Barstow <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, dev-tech-xbl@lists.mozilla.org

Robin Berjon wrote:
> Oh, I fully agree with that, the point is not to water down the
> interoperability requirements. I simply want to make sure that JS-based
> implementations are counted as "real" as there often is a misperception
> that they are somehow just hacks.

I think that should be fine as long as there is performance analysis
involved.  I've seen a number of JS-based implementations of things that
had performance problems that would be considered unacceptable in a
rendering engine, but as long as those are problems of the
implementation itself and not of the spec that shouldn't be an issue.

-Boris