Re: Required support for SVG in widgets

Apologies for entering thread late.

To clarify: BONDI work would have been introduced to W3C activity
earlier in the process, however, we have been fighting the internal (and
cross organisational) processes surrounding IPR regimes.

This is now fully clarified - and formal inputs will be made imminently,
with the necessary RF commitments.

>From BONDI side - there is no expectation of rubber stamping within W3C
- and full expectation that we adhere to due process and consensus
building.

We will of course give all the collective support we can towards the
process - after all the market is moving very rapidly ahead, and
fragmentation risk increasing by the day.

Nick Allott

Chief Technology Officer

OMTP - BONDI

On Feb 4, 2009, at 20:05 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
> Yep. But like Charles said, it should be the other way around: Bondi
> specs should be brought to the W3C for standardization once they are
> ready. If the specs are done, implemented, and have an associated
> test-suite, then standardization through the W3C should be a breeze,
> right?

The W3C doesn't do rubber-stamping. If OMTP wants to have their specs
be Recs they will need to have them go through the process, and that
means that changes to them are possible. Given that, if they really
want W3C to integrate their APIs they should submit earlier than when
they're ready.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/