Re: Required support for SVG in widgets

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:29:04 +0100
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
To: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>

On Feb 4, 2009, at 02:20 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
> wrote:
>> Is there a reason to require any formats? In very few places we do
>> this. For example the HTML and CSS specs don't require support for
>> JPEG, GIF or PNG. Neither HTML or SVG require support for javascript.
>>
>> Is there a reason for the widget spec to be different?
>
> I guess it's not really about mandating that the widget user agent
> support SVG, just that it look for SVG as a default start file.

My request actually covered both. But apparently you've now removed
the requirement to support HTML, so maybe I can withdraw that part of
my objection. I would prefer if HTML and SVG were both required
because it makes widgets more useful when you know what you can rely
on, but I can live with nothing specific being required.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/