Re: Points of order on this WG

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 18:07:47 -0700
Cc: public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: "Nikunj R. Mehta" <nikunj.mehta@oracle.com>

On Jun 26, 2009, at 3:33 PM, Nikunj R. Mehta wrote:

> I have a tutorial available to understand how one can use Berkeley
> DB to store data with multiple fields [1]. If you are only
> interested in understanding how to do look up by one or more of
> them, please skip to slide 51.
> If this doesn't help, I can write up another explanation for the
> issues that are outstanding.

It sounds like the answer is to make multiple tables with additional
tables allowing secondary keys to map to the master key. Did I
understand that correctly? (I'm not sure I got the right idea from the

Can you clarify how a Berkley DB style API would differ from
LocalStorage in interface or capabilities? What would it be able to do
that LocalStorage can't?