Re: Handling too few arguments in method calls

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 23:54:44 -0700
To: Darin Adler <darin@apple.com>, public-webapps@w3.org
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Cameron McCormack<cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
> Darin Adler:
>> What about too many arguments, and ignoring extra ones? Is that
>> settled?
>
> It seems consistent with current implementations to ignore extra
> arguments.  That approach might go against the desire to maximise the
> freedom API designers have to add additional overloaded operations
> later, though.

Yeah, ideally I would want to treat too many arguments the same as too few.

However I'm more concerned about breaking existing content here if all
commonly used UAs consistently ignore them.

I would be willing to give it a try though, or at least once I've
checked with the appropriate people that that is easily testable in
gecko.

/ Jonas