Re: Points of order on this WG

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 02:13:19 -0400
To: arun@mozilla.com
CC: "Nikunj R. Mehta" <nikunj.mehta@oracle.com>, public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, Jeff Mischkinsky <JEFF.MISCHKINSKY@oracle.com>
Hi, Arun-

Arun Ranganathan wrote (on 6/25/09 1:38 AM):

> This topic continues to be discussed in Mozilla newsgroups. Few are
> reconciled to SQL usage:
>
> Example:
> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.community.web-standards/topics
>
> Solutions such as BrowserCouch (which straddles localStorage currently)
> offer other options: http://www.toolness.com/wp/?p=580
>
> I'd personally rather see a clear articulation of use cases that we
> agree are important for the web than further specification work.

Actually, I think that's an excellent point.  Nikunj, maybe that is the
next logical step?  Could you take charge of that?

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs