Re: [widgets] [preference element] question on the value attribute

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:09:29 +0200
To: Jean-Claude Dufourd <jean-claude.dufourd@telecom-paristech.fr>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 6:16 PM, Jean-Claude
Dufourd<jean-claude.dufourd@telecom-paristech.fr> wrote:
> We are wondering about the choice of an attribute to store the value of a
> preference.
> We would prefer to use the text content of the <preference> element for the
> value of the preference.
> Is there a good reason that we missed for using an attribute instead ?

The range of values allowed in attributes is more restrained and
easier to parse than text content. This makes it easier to integrate
with the Storage interface for preferences in the Widgets A&E spec.
However, if you have a use case for using the text content of the
preference element, then please send it to the WG for consideration.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au