Re: [widgets] Please include a statement of purpose and user interaction expectations for <feature>

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:23:50 +0300
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Arve Bersvendsen <arveb@opera.com>
To: marcosc@opera.com
On Jun 16, 2009, at 15:42, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> Based on Arve and Robin's additional feedback, I've added  the
> following to the spec as part of "The Feature Element" section:
>
> "How a user agent makes use of features depends on the user agent's
> security policy, hence activation and authorization requirements for
> features are beyond the scope of this specification."
>
> Is that satisfactory?

I think it's better than what was in the spec before. However, if a
reader doesn't already know what <feature> is for, I think the current
text might not make it quite clear.

I notice that now the definition of what a feature is includes a video
codec in addition to APIs. Does BONDI expect video codecs to be
sensitive to security policies? Do you envision undeclared video
codecs to be withheld from the HTML5 <source> fallback and
canPlayType()?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi