Re: [widgets] Public keys in widgets URI scheme?

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:15:40 +0200
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
Hi Adam,

On May 27, 2009, at 17:32 , Adam Barth wrote:
> Instead of using a UUID as the authority, you might consider using a
> public key.  You could then require that the widget is signed by the
> cooresponding private key.

Just as a heads up: the WG agrees that this is a good idea well worth
exploring. As a result we've made the authority part in widget URIs
opaque and optional for now, with the intent of exploring this avenue
further in the next iteration. We very much welcome more detailed
description of how you (or others) would see this working.

Thanks!

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/