Re: WebSocket question

From: Ben Dodson <bjdodson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:07:15 -0700
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
Yeah, that makes sense, glad it's being considered. I'm sure you guys are
way ahead of me in thought on this, but one way to integrate binary into
ECMAScript would be through a pseudo protocol of sorts- something like
cache://. The idea would be you could store binary content locally, and use
it in the DOM as you'd do any other remote binary content. You could also
trigger a browser redirect to this URL to download the content as a file.