Re: Storage and widgets

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 20:34:04 +0200
To: Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com>
Cc: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>, Arve Bersvendsen <arveb@opera.com>, public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
2009/4/25 Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com>:
> I think perhaps the underlying assumptions may vary according to the type of UA?
>
> However, I think even on a single-user O/S (e.g. mobile) or in a sandboxed user context you would still want to maintain storage of preferences on a per-instance basis.

I agree. I think the common use case will be to have per instance storage.

A question that arises is: what happens if the window object already
provides storage? Should I use the widget storage or the window's
storage. I personally think that they should be the same object (i.e.,
widget.preference just references whatever the Window storage object
is... I don't have the spec Web Storage spec handy, so I can't
remember what it is called (window.storage?)).

Kind regards,
Marcos
--
Marcos Caceres