Re: Storage and widgets

I think perhaps the underlying assumptions may vary according to the
type of UA?

However, I think even on a single-user O/S (e.g. mobile) or in a
sandboxed user context you would still want to maintain storage of
preferences on a per-instance basis.

For example, if you had more than one instance of a single widget,
you'd most likely want this as you needed to have different
configurations for each (e.g. two single-feed RSS widgets, each one
with a different feed). If widgets shared a single preference state by
type then this wouldn't work.