[widgets] What does it mean to have an unavailable API

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 15:51:57 +0300
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

> Ok. I see what you mean. Widget.hasFeature has slightly different
> semantics (in widgets, it means "did that feature I requested load
> and become available?"

Which brings up the issue that it's unclear what it means for an API
to have latent support but not having been activated with <feature>.

If a widget UA has an implementation for window.frob() and frob()
requires <feature> activation, what should happen when frob() hasn't
been activated with <feature>? Should there be no function object for
frob()? Or should it be there but throw upon calling? Or something else.

Please specify this.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi