From: Robin Berjon [mailto:robin@berjon.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 11:44 AM
To: Marcin Hanclik
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
Subject: Re: [widgets] P&C Last Call comments, 4

Hi Marcin,

I'll leave the editorial notes to Marcos.

On Jun 1, 2009, at 00:44 , Marcin Hanclik wrote:
> 8.14
> "Unless an end-user explicitly requests that these values be
> reverted to the values as declared in the configuration document, a
> user agent must not revert to these values on subsequent
> initialization of the widget."
> More information about management of these values is needed. What is
> reverting? How can the end-user explicitly request that these
> values are reverted to the value from config.xml? This is UI/UX
> aspect that needs specification.

UI aspects are completely implementation-specific and do not require
specification (in fact they must not be specified). Whether values are
reverted to their defaults when the user clicks on a "revert to
default" button or if the user has to throw the phone against the wall
while hollering ancient Sumerian curses is entirely up to implementers.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/

Access Systems Germany GmbH
Essener Strasse 5  |  D-46047 Oberhausen
HRB 13548 Amtsgericht Duisburg
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Michel Piquemal, Tomonori Watanabe, Yusuke Kanda

www.access-company.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments hereto may contain information that is privileged or confidential, and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any disclosure, copying or distribution of the information by anyone else is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this document in error, please notify us promptly by responding to this e-mail. Thank you.