Re: [widgets] P&C Last Call comments, 4

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 11:44:11 +0200
Cc: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Marcin Hanclik <Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com>
Hi Marcin,

I'll leave the editorial notes to Marcos.

On Jun 1, 2009, at 00:44 , Marcin Hanclik wrote:
> 8.14
> "Unless an end-user explicitly requests that these values be
> reverted to the values as declared in the configuration document, a
> user agent must not revert to these values on subsequent
> initialization of the widget."
> More information about management of these values is needed. What is
> reverting? How can the end-user explicitly request that these
> values are reverted to the value from config.xml? This is UI/UX
> aspect that needs specification.

UI aspects are completely implementation-specific and do not require
specification (in fact they must not be specified). Whether values are
reverted to their defaults when the user clicks on a "revert to
default" button or if the user has to throw the phone against the wall
while hollering ancient Sumerian curses is entirely up to implementers.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/