Re: [widgets] Widgets URI scheme... it's baaaack!

Ouch. :)

I'll start by disputing this requirement:

> Must provide an origin URI for widget-contained documents

> Many mechanisms in widgets (e.g. cookies, local storage,
> XMLHttpRequest) key off the URI or part thereof from which they are
> used. Since widgets are for all intents and purposes local
> applications that do not have an origin, this scheme must provide
> integration with these mechanisms.

Some specification must provide that origin URI.  But can somebody
give a use case for this being a requirement on the widget URI scheme
spec?

(Specifically, why do origin and base URI need to match within
widgets?  Section 4.4 seems to indicate that URIs with scheme widget
don't ever leave the specific widget instance. So, why?)

Thanks,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>