Re: Do we need to rename the Origin header?

From: Bil Corry <bil@corry.biz>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 15:08:32 -0500
To: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
CC: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, public-webapps@w3.org, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Weinig <weinig@apple.com>, Sid Stamm <sstamm@mozilla.com>, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, Brandon Sterne <bsterne@mozilla.com>
Adam Barth wrote on 4/8/2009 12:58 PM:
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Bil Corry <bil@corry.biz> wrote:
>> Is "draft-abarth-origin-00.txt" entirely compatible now with CORS-Origin?
>
> Yes, as far as I know.  If you find any incompatibility, please let me
> know and I'll fix it.

That means CORS, HTML5 and your draft all mimic each other; that leaves only Mozilla's proposed Origin.  Maybe someone from Mozilla can comment on their draft[1]; is the plan to create a RFC for it too, with a new name?

- Bil

[1] https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Origin