Re: Request for FPWD publication of Server-Sent Events, Web Sockets API, Web Storage, and Web Workers

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 18:34:24 +0000 (UTC)
To: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> If you think it is possible to have read only Storage values, naturally
> we would need some kind of access violation exception to be thrown when
> someone tries to change a read only value...

Sure. For each Storage object that isn't sessionStorage or localStorage,
you'll need a section like "3.4 The localStorage attribute", but defining
the contents of the object for your case. There, you can add additional
restrictions like "if setItem() is invoked with a value defined as
read-only, then the user agent must throw a NO_MODIFICATION_ALLOWED_ERR
exception" or whatever.