Re: [XHR] Error flag

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:04:08 +0100
To: "Kartikaya Gupta" <lists.webapps@stakface.com>, public-webapps@w3.org

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 23:14:34 +0100, Kartikaya Gupta
<lists.webapps@stakface.com> wrote:
> The editor's draft of the XHR spec doesn't say when to clear the error
> flag. Based on experimentation I'm guessing it's supposed to be cleared
> in step 21 of the open() algorithm. Is this correct?

Yeah. Though it should probably also be cleared the moment you invoke
send().

> Also, will the IDL be updated to reflect exceptions thrown from the
> various methods and property accessors? This may already be on the to-do
> list, but I thought I'd mention it in case it wasn't.

I was not planning on doing this. It makes the IDL unreadable in my
opinion and I believe it is not required in Web IDL (and if it is we
should change that :-)).

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>